The CORE Survival® DZM-Series Drop Zone Marker and lighted Wind Drift Indicator is a compact parachutist-deployed landing aid for night operations. The DZM-100 Series is configured with visible lights and the DZM-200 Series is equipped with infrared (IR).
The DZM-Series is comprised of two sets of light modules—one steady and one flashing—separated by 30 to 50 feet of nylon line. Each light module has two opposite-facing high-intensity LED luminaires to ensure visibility from all directions. The device, deployed by the lead parachutist immediately above or adjacent to the drop zone, illuminates automatically upon deployment and descends rapidly until the ballast and steady light lands. Once landed, the chute with the flashing light drifts in the direction of the wind until fully grounded—providing an indication of relative wind speed and direction.
The DZM packs into a throw bag that is built into the chute. The unit is deployed by the parachutist under canopy with a one-handed, single motion.
The DZM-101 is configured with visible light modules (red steady, green flashing) and the DZM-201 is equipped with flashing and steady infrared (IR) light modules. Each dual-light module is powered by a single CR123 cell battery.
- Two light modes (A) 1 Red & 1 Green (flash/steady) - OR - (B) IR (flash/steady) to lay with wind direction
- Modular design
- Recoverable and repairable
- Chute with integral throw-bag
- Integral line stuffing bag
- Adjustable ballast module
- Compact (2.5 in. dia. x 9 in.)
- Packed Dimensions—2.5 in dia x 9 in.
- Line Length—30 feet*
- Weight—26.9 oz.
- Ballast– 20 oz. (5 x 4oz. Sinkers)*
- Descent Rate—45 feet per sec (calculated)*
- Visible Config.—Green/Steady + Red/Flash
- Infrared Config.—IR/Steady + IR/Flash
- Optional Rigging Kit (P/N DZK-1) *Adjustable to user requirements