The Ops-Core FAST® SF Ballistic High Cut Helmet is a tactical ballistic helmet made for high performance in the toughest combat environments. With a super high cut shell made of a lightweight composite of cutting-edge Carbon, Unidirectional Polyethylene, and woven Aramid, the FAST SF is designed for ultimate protection. The unique shell geometry delivers critical coverage while optimizing balance and stability, integration capabilities, and user comfort. The Modular Bungee Shroud (MBS) reduces snag hazards and interference with the high cut ballistic helmet, and carabiner clips allow for easily attaching and stabilizing NVGs. Integrate other Ops-Core helmet accessories, including communication headsets, Super High Cut Skeleton Rails, and more, with the FAST SF for a complete protective lightweight headborne system that prioritizes protection, ease of use and user comfort. The FAST SF comes standard with a Vented Lux Liner with Low Profile Occ-Dial and right eye dominant retention (buckle on left).
The Ops-Core Vented Lux Liner is a suspension system that combines a one-piece full coverage impact layer with modular breathable comfort pads that can be customized and repositioned for comfort without affecting impact performance.
Modified and abbreviated Family of Tactical Headborne Systems, dated June 30th 2017 Ops-Core Performance Specification FAST SF PS-11448.
This product is subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR) 15 CFR 730-774. The export of this item and related technical information may require prior authorization from the U.S. Government.
*NOTE: The NVG mount/interface required for attaching night vision devices to the FAST SF Carbon Composite Helmet is not included.
Please call to confirm availability as demand for helmet has exceeded supply.
- FAST tactical ballistic helmet with super high cut shell made of a hybrid composite of the most advanced Carbon, Unidirectional Polyethylene and woven Aramid.
- High performance evolution of the Ops-Core FAST MT Super High Cut Helmet, with an 8% weight reduction, while maintaining compatibility with FAST head borne accessories.
- Super high cut ballistic helmet shell geometry extends critical coverage over the rear occipital bone without load carrier interference, and optimizes weight distribution for increased stability, integration, balance, and improved comfort.
- Ear cut geometry is 16 mm higher than the FAST XP High Cut shell shape, allowing for clearance of larger communication headsets.
- Super High Cut Skeleton Rails offer lower profile with a 30% weight reduction from FAST MT Super High Cut Rails.
- Features a lightweight Modular Bungee Shroud (MBS) which reduces snag hazards and interference. Carabiner clips improve NVG retention and stability.
- Molded liner features proprietary recessed groove, accommodating over-the-head communications headsets with no interference or user discomfort, and ability to doff and donwithout removing the headset.
- Vented Lux Liner features expanded polypropylene (EPP) liner, offering enhanced impact protection, and molded-in vent holes are integrated with the shell to provide increased airflow and reduce heat stress.
- Super high cut ballistic helmet comes standard with right eye dominant retention (buckle on left). A left eye dominant retention (buckle on right) are available for Ops-Core Vented Lux Liner - Low Profile Occ-Dial Kit, Ops-Core Vented Lux Liner - Worm-Dial Kit and Ops-Core Vented Lux Liner - H-Nape Kit, which can be purchased separately.
Testing Protols & Design
- Modified and Abbreviated Family of Tactical Headborne Systems, dated June 30th 2017 Ops-Core Performance Specification FAST SF PS-1228
- NIJ Standards: NIJ 0106.01 with NIJ 0108.01 Level IIIA (9mm FMJ @1,400 ft/s) Threats
|Shell Construction||Two Stage Non Slit|
|Areal Density||1.413 lbs/ft2 (6898.97 g/m2)|
|Shell Thickness||0.220" (5.58 mm)|
|Shell Geometry (Curvature)||FAST Curvature|
|Cut Style (Side Protection)||Super High Cut (aka Marine Cut)|
Coverage & Weight
|Head Size (Circumference)||
20 7/8"- 22"
22 - 23 1/4"
23 1/4 - 24 3/8"
24 3/8" - 25 1/8"
|Square Coverage||137 in2 (884cm2)||148 in2 (955cm2)||163 in2 (1052cm2)||171 in2 (1103cm2)|
PLEASE NOTE: If you are in between sizes, we recommend going up to the larger size. You can customize the fit with the comfort pads that are included with your helmet purchase. If more pads are needed, additional comfort pad sets are available for purchase.