The CORE Survival® HEL-STAR Lead Jumper Light® was designed to mark the lead jumper during parachute operations. Equipped with Ultrabright IRs that emit in a distinctly unique flash pattern of Morse Code “D”, HEL-STAR Lead Jumper Light® unmistakably marks the designated leader.
HEL-STAR Lead Jumper Light® provides four functions in two selectable operating modes in visible and IR. This new device offers the HAHO/HALO community new flexibility on marking personnel. The tan & black body helps distinguish it from other HEL-STARs.
- Easy to operate in freefall - switches are designed for positive operation by a gloved hand, in the blind, with the helmet donned.
- Ultrahigh intensity - Ultrabright IRs emit a unique flash pattern distinctly marking the lead jumper in a stack. High-intensity Green solid and ultra-high intensity White flash clearly identifies the lead jumper during training events.
- Operating extremes - HEL-STAR Lead Jumper Light® is shock and vibration resistant, dustproof and open sea waterproof to 130 fsw (laboratory 300+ feet).
HEL-STAR Lead Jumper® Light Advantages:
- Safety - The unique battery access design provides a curved profile on all sides, minimizing snag hazard. Velcro® attachment provides emergency peel-away from helmet to reduce potential for snag-related injury.
- Versatility - Up to four user-defined functions are available in a range of visible colors and IR signals, either flashing, coded or steady.
- Visibility - Omni-directional. Intensities can be scaled up or down for special requirements. Exceeds FAA 3-statute mile requirements.
- Simple, Secure Operation - Switches are designed for positive operation by a gloved-hand, in the blind, with the helmet donned. Mode selection switch design options provide operational flexibility or strong security between overt and covert operating modes.
- Operating Extremes - Shock and vibration resistant, dustproof and open sea waterproof to 130 fsw (laboratory 300+ feet).
- Status Confirmation - Switch design provides visual and tactile confirmation of ON/OFF and operating status with no guesswork; visual confirmation prevents inadvertent battery discharge in the IR operating mode.
- Easy Battery Replacement - The single CR123 cell can be replaced in the field, quickly, without special tools.
- Mode A Functions:
- A1 - Green (Steady)
- A2 - Green (Steady) + White (Flash Morse Code "D" Bright Max)
- Mode B Functions:
- B1 - 890nm IR (Flash/Dim)
- B2 - 890nm IR (Steady) + 890nm IR (Flash Morse Code "D" Bright Max)