The ZEISS DTI 4 Thermal Imaging Camera has taken image quality to another level with a higher resolution 640 x 512-pixel sensor with 12 μm pixel pitch. The DTI 4 has an AMOLED display, compass overlay, 32GB of storage and an auto-off and stand-by mode.
The ZEISS DTI 4 Thermal Imaging Cameras offer unprecedented image quality that allows you to recognize an exceptional level of detail. When hunting in the dark, you have to recognize every detail in order to reliably identify your target.
ZEISS Digital Thermal Imaging Camera is available in two models - the DTI 4/35 and DTI 4/50:
1. DTI 4/35 with a 35 mm objective lens, 1845 m (2017 yd) detection range and FOV of 85 ft at 100 yds is especially suitable for use in wooded areas.
2. DTI 4/50 with a 50 mm objective lens, 2635 m (2882 yd) detection range and FOV of 49 ft at 100 yds is especially suitable for use in the open field.
When hunting at night, every detail counts. With the DTI 4 thermal imaging cameras, you won't miss a thing – ZEISS' innovative ZEISS Smart Image Processing (ZSIP Pro) algorithm delivers a sharp, high-contrast thermal image via the 640 × 512 sensor with 12 micron pixel pitch and the 1024 × 768 AMOLED display. ZSIP ensures that you can perfectly identify key details under difficult conditions and with low thermal contrast.
The battery supports 7 hours of continuous use and can be quickly and easily replaced on the go. Identify individual details even more reliably in order to more quickly and reliably identify your target – for maximum hunting success.
The ZEISS DTI 4/35 is the ideal thermal imaging camera for demanding hunting in forested areas. Thanks to the large field of view of 26 meters at 100 meters in combination with its best-in-class image processing quality, the ZEISS DTI 4/35 allows you to detect heat sources in detail even when stalking in the most obscured areas.
The ZEISS DTI 4/50 has been designed specifically for hunting in the open field and, with a range of up to 2635 yards and 2.9x optical magnification, ensures that details are easily identifiable, even at longer distances.
- High detail recognition with 640x512 px sensor - The new 640 x 512 sensor offers higher image resolution for better image quality at all zoom levels, as well as a longer detection range with less noise at the same zoom level compared to a smaller sensor. As a result, it offers more detail detection at greater distances.
- Smart standby for extended battery life - When out hunting, the nearest power source is often far away. You usually need a portable charger to make sure they don’t run out of power – which means extra weight and equipment to keep in mind. With an impressively long battery life of 7 hours, the DTI 4 models will hold enough charge for two to four hunts. Extend the battery life even further by activating the smart standby function.
- Three observation modes for every situation - Different environmental situations require a different device setting. The DTI 4 has three pre-programmed observation modes: universal, detect and fog. Discover mode, for example, highlights heat sources even more while reducing the cold background. This allows you to see animals behind trees and bushes better than before.
- Unique Movement Alert - The Movement Alert tracks the hottest heat source in the image and notifies the hunter when that heat source moves. The LED on the top of the unit will start flashing or optionally the display will turn on. It is thus possible to monitor a large area without holding the camera all the time.
- 8 different color modes - ZEISS thermal imaging cameras offer 8 different color modes, so you can choose the setting that best fits your needs. "Black hot" and "white hot" deliver images with a high level of contrast. When observing in areas with vast vegetation, "red hot" allows for a fast detection of heat sources. The color mode "rainbow" is ideal for identifying the smallest differences in temperature. In addition, four color modes have been redesigned to reduce the glare of the screen in a dark environment and reduce eye strain. "Red Hue" mode more easily adjusts your eyes to the darkness. "Dark Hue" is easier on your eyes by using low luminescence colors. "Green Hue" shows plenty of detail at low screen brightness, and "Night Eye" highlights the warmest areas of the thermal image in a pleasant sepia tone.
- Detection Mode - When hunting, the most important thing is to know where an animal is. Sometimes animals are hard to spot because they are only partially visible. Detection mode highlights heat sources even more while reducing the cold background. This allows you to see animals behind trees and bushes better than before.
- Customizable settings - Hunting can be a very individual activity. When it comes to thermal imaging cameras, every hunter has their own personal preferences. Therefore, the new DTI's now offer the ability to select exactly which color modes are active and which are not, so you only must click through the ones you want to use. The same applies to the zoom level setting. Now you can limit the maximum zoom level to your liking.
- Hot Tracking - In 'Hot Tracking' mode, the warmest source in the image is framed with a red square. Finding heat sources in densely overgrown areas and tracking them is therefore easier.
- Picture-In-Picture - The picture-in-picture function of the ZEISS DTI allows overlying the zoomed image on the visual image. This feature helps to keep sight of the animal you are observing in zoom mode, even when it makes sudden movements.
- Compass Overlay - You can use the compass overlay to determine the direction of a target or get your own bearings. This can be especially helpful for stalking, or if you are out hunting with a companion and want to discuss different targets.
- Shortcuts - Thanks to the shortcuts available on the DTI 3 and 4, you no longer need to open the menu to access most functions. The preprogrammed button combinations allow you to control numerous settings with just a few clicks, such as taking pictures and videos and switching between individual modes.
- Connectivity via the ZEISS Hunting App - Both DTI 4 models are fully integrated into the ZEISS Hunting app and can reliably connect to your smartphone. Data is transferred between the DTI 4 and the app via energy-efficient Bluetooth technology; it only switches to Wi-Fi automatically when processing large amounts of data. The ZEISS Hunting app also allows you to customize and configure the DTI 4 according to your individual needs and requirements.
- In the box — ZEISS DTI 4 thermal imaging camera, ZEISS neck strap and pouch, USB-A to USB-C cable, USB-A to USB-C adapter end, ZEISS cleaning cloth, Quick guide, safety instructions and warranty card.
|DTI 4/35||DTI 4/50|
|Focal length||35 mm||50 mm|
|Field of view at 100 m (yds)||26 m (85 ft)||15 m (49 ft)|
|Objective viewing angle||13° x 10°||9° x 7°|
|Detection range||1845 m (2017 yds)||2635 m (2882 yds)|
|Sensor resolution||640 x 512 px||640 x 512 px|
|Sensor pixel pitch||12 µm||12 µm|
|NETD value||≤ 25 mK||≤ 25 mK|
|Display resolution||1024 x 768 px||1024 x 768 px|
|Display frame rate||50 Hz||50 Hz|
|Maximum digital zoom||4x||4x|
|Zoom steps 0.5x||1.0x - 4.0x||1.0x - 4.0x|
|Battery life||7 hours||7 hours|
|Internal memory||32 GB||32 GB|
|WLAN frequency||2.4 GHz||2.4 GHz|
|WLAN standard||IEEE 802.11b/g/n||IEEE 802.11b/g/n|
|Connection with other devices||ZEISS Hunting App or USB||ZEISS Hunting App or USB|
|Waterproof||IP 66 (Protected against heavy rain)||IP 66 (Protected against heavy rain)|
|Operating temperature °C (°F)||-10/+50 (+14/+122)||-10/+50 (+14/+122)|
|Length x width x height (in)||7.6 x 2.4 x 2.6||8.1 x 2.4 x 2.6|
|Weight||430 g (15.2 oz)||470 g (16.6 oz)|
|Warranty||2 + 1 years||2 + 1 years|