ZEISS Digital Thermal Imaging Camera (DTI) 3 GEN 2 is available in two models - the DTI 3/25 and DTI 3/35:
1. DTI 3/25 GEN 2 with a 25 mm objective lens, 930 m (1017 yd) detection range and FOV of 26 m at 100 m is especially suitable for use in wooded areas.
2. DTI 3/35 GEN 2 with a 35 mm objective lens, 1300 m (1422 yd) detection range and FOV of 19 m at 100 m is especially suitable for use in the open field.
The ZEISS DTI 3 GEN 2 continues the success of the DTI 3 thermal imaging camera and offers significant upgrades. Building on the performance features of the DTI 1, the DTI 3 GEN 2 has movement alert, which emits a visual signal when the heat source moves. It also has fog mode, and shortcut keys which enables fast feature activation without the need to go into the menu.
Going hunting at night is a special challenge, as your vital sense of sight is severely impaired and the risk of not being successful or even making a wrong decision is high. The DTI 3 GEN 2 family of thermal imaging cameras are specifically designed for active hunter. Its large field of view combined with a long range makes it the perfect combination product for raised hide hunting and stalking in forested areas – and therefore also the ideal choice for all-rounders who like to take advantage of all the possibilities in their hunting ground.
Whether for observing and tracking or to more quickly and accurately identify game, this high-quality thermal imaging system ensures that hunters can precisely recognize details even at distances of more than 1,300 meters. As a result, the ZEISS DTI 3 GEN 2 gives hunters a considerable advantage when stalking at night or when hunting over long distances from a raised hide in a field.
Some thermal imaging cameras are only optimized for use with the right hand. Operation with the left hand is therefore very uncomfortable. In addition, the shape of the device often forces the hunter to adjust his grip so that the fingertips rest on the buttons. After hours of stalking through the cold, the hand can quickly get tired and the fingers can become numb. Feeling the buttons can be difficult.
The optimized shape of the ZEISS DTI 3 GEN 2 puts as little strain on the hunter's hands as possible. Whether left-handed or right-handed, the ZEISS DTI 3 GEN 2 can be operated from either side. Furthermore, the shape of the device has been optimized to ensure that the user's fingertips rest naturally on the buttons so that the DTI 3 GEN 2 can also be operated with cold or numb fingers. Thanks to the intelligent positioning of the buttons, each function can be controlled intuitively. This gives the hunter peace of mind, eliminates unnecessary distractions and increases the success of the hunt.
- Improved image quality and detailed recognition - New, more powerful hardware enables improved image quality and pushes the boundaries of 384 x 288 sensors even further. The new 1,024 x 786 AMOLED display improves contrast and color reproduction for a more detailed image with less background noise and sharper images.
- Smart Standby for extended battery life - When out hunting, the nearest power source is often far away. You usually need a portable charger to make sure they don't run out of power - which means extra weight and equipment to keep in mind. With an impressively long battery life of 8 hours, the DTI 3 GEN 2 models will hold enough charge for two to four hunts. Extend the battery life even further by activating the smart standby function.
- Three observation modes for every situation - Different environmental situations require a different device setting. The DTI 3 GEN 2 has three pre-programmed observation modes: universal, detect and fog. Discover mode, for example, highlights heat sources even more while reducing the cold background. This allows you to see animals behind trees and bushes better than before.
- Unique Movement Alert - The Movement Alert tracks the hottest heat source in the image and notifies the hunter when that heat source moves. The LED on the top of the unit will start flashing or optionally the display will turn on. It is thus possible to monitor a large area without holding the camera all the time.
- 8 Different Color Modes - ZEISS thermal imaging cameras offer 8 different modes, so you can choose the setting that best fits your needs. "Black hot" and "white hot" deliver images with a high level of contrast. When observing in areas of vast vegetation, "red hot" allows for a fast detection of heat sources. The color mode "rainbow" is ideal for identifying the smallest differences in temperature. In addition, four color modes have been redesigned to reduce the glare of the screen in a dark environment and reduce eye strain. "Red Hue" mode more easily adjusts your eyes to the darkness. "Dark Hue" is easier on your eyes by using low luminescence colors. "Green Hue" shows plenty of detail at low screen brightness, and "Night Eye" highlights the warmest areas of the the thermal image in a pleasant sepia tone.
- High Frame Rate - The ZEISS DTI cameras featuring a display rate of 50 Hz. This refers to the number of times per second your monitor can redraw the screen. A higher display frame rate results in decreased flickering of the image, thereby reducing eye strain when stalking for several hours at a time.
- Detection Mode - When hunting, the most important thing is to know where an animal is. Sometimes animals are hard to spot because they are only partially visible. Detection mode highlights heat sources even more while reducing the cold background. This allows you to see animals behind trees and bushes better than before.
- Customizable Settings - Hunting can be a very individual activity. When it comes to thermal imaging cameras, every hunter has their own personal preferences. Therefore, the new DTI's now offer the ability to select exactly which color modes are active and which are not, so you only must click through the ones you want to use. The same applies to the zoom level setting. Now you can limit the maximum zoom to your liking.
- Hot Tracking - In 'hot tracking' mode, the warmest source in the image is framed with a red square. Finding heat sources in densely overgrown areas and tracking them is therefore easier.
- Picture-In-Picture (PIP) - The picture-in-picture function allows the zoomed image on the visual image. This feature helps you keep sight of the animal you are observing in zoom mode, even when it makes sudden movements.
- Compass Overlay - You can use the compass overlay to determine the direction of a target or get your own bearings. This can be especially helpful for stalking, or if you are out hunting with a companion and want to discuss different targets.
- Shortcuts - Thanks to the shortcuts available on the DTI 3 GEN 2, you no longer need to open the menu to access most functions. The preprogrammed button combinations allow you to control numerous settings with just a few clicks, such as taking pictures and videos and switching between individual modes.
- Contrast Boost - Fog and high humidity significantly degrade the contrast of thermal imaging devices. In these situations, hunters can activate the Contrast Boost feature. This increases the contrasts between light and dark at the edges, making detail visible again.
- Excellent ZEISS Optics — In combination with legendary ZEISS optics, the sensor, electronics, and high-resolution AMOLED display, the ZEISS DTI 3 GEN 2 Thermal Imaging Camera offers outstanding optical performance at night.
- Perfect Ergonomics — ZEISS ErgoControl, the triangular button layout in combination with the layout of the keys of the ZEISS DTI 3 GEN 2 Thermal Imaging Camera, ensures a natural hand position with the fingertips resting on the controls.
- Precise zoom — The ZEISS DTI 3 GEN 2 Thermal Imaging Camera provides the perfect combination of magnification and detail recognition. By utilizing the 0.5x zoom increments, you can quickly switch between the individual magnification levels.
- The ZEISS Hunting App — The ZEISS DTI 3 GEN 2 Thermal Imaging Camera can be connected to the ZEISS Hunting App via wireless LAN connection. Photos and videos can be conveniently managed and shared, or even live streamed.
- In the box — DTI 3 GEN 2 thermal imaging camera, carrying strap, carrying case, cleaning cloth, neck strap for carrying case, USB cable and charger.
|DTI 3/25 Gen 2||DTI 3/35 Gen 2|
|Sensor resolution||384 x 288 px||384 x 288 px|
|Sensor pixel pitch||17 µm||17 µm|
|Image frequency||50 Hz||50 Hz|
|Display resolution||1024 x 768 px||1024 x 768 px|
|Focal length||25 mm - f/1.0||35 mm - f/1.0|
|Thermal sensitivity (NETD)||≤35mk||≤35mk|
|Detection range||~ 930 m (1,017 yds)||~ 1,300 m (1,421 yds)|
|Optical magnification||1.7 x||2.4 x|
|Maximum digital zoom||4 x||4 x|
|Zoom increments||In 0.5x from 1.0x to 4.0x||In 0.5x from 1.0x to 4.0x|
|Lens field of view at 100 m (yds)||Horizontal: 26 m (78 ft)||Horizontal: 19 m (62 ft)|
|Objective viewing angle||15° x 11°||11° x 8°|
USB: charging + data transfer; WLAN: data transfer
|USB: charging + data transfer; WLAN: data transfer|
|Battery life||8 hours||8 hours|
|Internal memory||32 GB||32 GB|
|WLAN frequency||2.4 GHz||2.4 GHz|
|WLAN standard||IEEE 802.11b/g/n||IEEE 802.11b/g/n|
|Connection with other devices||ZEISS Hunting App or USB||ZEISS Hunting App or USB|
|Waterproof||IP 66 (Protected against heavy rain)||IP 66 (Protected against heavy rain)|
|Operating temperature °C (°F)||-10/+50 (-14/+122)||-10/+50 (-14/+122)|
|Length x width x height (in)||7.36 x 2.36 x 2.56||7.36 x 2.36 x 2.56|
|Weight||410 g (14.5 oz)||420 g (14.8 oz)|
|Warranty||2 + 1 years||2 + 1 years|