ZEISS V8 2.8-20x56 - Bright images in the twilight.
Equipped for everyday hunting: ZEISS V8 riflescopes deliver more successful moments on the hunt than any other riflescope from ZEISS thanks to the combination of sophisticated features and their perfect interaction. Outstanding optical quality, an extra-large eye box for fast target acquisition, and the finest illuminated dot in the world make it an unsurpassed companion in any hunting situation. For greater success during your hunt.
Plenty of reserves right down to the last bit of light – thanks to 92% transmission: the ZEISS V8 2.8-20x56’s reticle in the second image plane produces a consistently fine illuminated dot throughout the entire magnification range. The 20x magnification and optional bullet drop compensation also make it great for long-range shooting. Minimal subtension and increased accuracy that hunters can truly experience – even at long distances.
The combination of maximum zoom range, the brightest optics and optimal ease of use makes the ZEISS V8 the ultimate all-purpose riflescope for all distances and situations – whether you are on a driven hunt, stalking, high seat hunting, or shooting at long-range. Whatever your hunting venture, the ZEISS V8 – the company's best super-zoom riflescope – enables fast reactions and maximum flexibility. Designed to ensure maximum hunting success.
The Plex Reticle 60 is lighter and finer than the reticle 40, which was widely used only a few years ago. The bars have only half the subtension of the earlier model and there is twice the amount of free space between them. It is therefore ideally suited for precise shooting with the least possible coverage of the target game. With 12x magnification and a subtension of only 0.55 cm at a distance of 100 m, you always have an excellent overview – no fine details are hidden from view. The illuminated dot is extremely bright and can therefore also be used for daytime hunting. The brightness of the illuminated dot can be dimmed at extremely finely, making it ideal for night hunting as well. The reticle is located in the riflescope’s second image plane.
ZEISS's classic Mil-Dot Reticle 43 is for fast, long shots combined with the finest illuminated dot. At the respective riflescope's reference magnification, the reticle's characteristic dots are exactly 10 cm apart at a distance of 100 meters, making it easy to accurately estimate distances. The angle between the dots at this magnification is exactly 1 millirad, allowing trained shooters to determine the appropriate holdover point at long distances. The reticle is located in the riflescope's second image plane. The ZEISS hunting app can be used to quickly and precisely determine the change in subtension and the resulting bullet drop compensation and wind drift correction values for practically any ammunition.
- Light resources even at dusk - ZEISS has always been synonymous for bright, high-contrast optics. The modern and sophisticated optical designs enhanced by the ZEISS T* multi-coating enables our V8 riflescopes to achieve light transmission of up to 92%. The twilight capabilities are even further improved by the 56 mm objective lens providing the perfect solution for hunting in low light conditions – including darkness.
- 20x magnification - The 20× magnification makes this model an ideal choice for long-range shots. The optical system of the ZEISS V8 continues to impress the most discerning hunter. It provides consistently excellent image sharpness while yielding the highest resolution of details from minimum to maximum magnification settings. This allows for reliable target identification and precise shooting over longer distances.
- Bright image quality - The Ultra-FL Concept contains several SCHOTT fluoride glass elements for absolute color fidelity, brightness, and clarity. Ensuring you the finest resolution of details, even in the harshest conditions and most challenging environment.
- The world's finest illuminated dot - The secret behind the precision of ZEISS riflescopes is their ultra-fine illuminated dot and its extremely low target coverage. With only a fraction of the thickness of a human hair, the fibre optics system delivers the world’s finest illuminated dot – 3.3-millimeter target coverage at 100 meters is the breathtaking result (V8 & V6 @20x). Pure precision for the smallest targets and the greatest distances.
- ZEISS T* coating - ZEISS T* coating is a guarantee of the brilliant, high-contrast images which you will experience above all in adverse light conditions and in the twilight. Behind it, however, there is no specific formula for building up the layers. Instead, it is a technology that is constantly adjusted to suit new glass materials and requirements, which varies from lens to lens.
- A clear view, whatever the weather - There are always exciting things to be seen in the world of nature – even in wet weather. This is why ZEISS developed LotuTec®. A coating for the lenses of binoculars and spotting scopes that enables a clear and unhindered view in all weather conditions.
- Stable and Shot-Proof - The ZEISS V8, ZEISS Victory HT, ZEISS Conquest V6, and ZEISS Conquest V4 riflescopes are all ideally suited for use with "clip-on" attachments.
- Multifunction button - The multifunction illumination control button is the most advanced reticle illumination system on the market. It can be quickly, silently, and intuitively operated even with gloves on. The illumination is automatically deactivated as soon as you put the weapon down. It reactivates as soon as you take aim, a feature that saves time and energy – and ensures an immediate and perfect aiming solution in any lighting condition.
- Made in Germany
|Magnification||2.8 - 20 x|
|Effective lens diameter||27.5 - 56.0 mm|
|Exit pupil diameter||9.9 - 2.8 mm|
|Twilight factor||7.9 - 33|
|Field of view||15.5 - 2.1 m (46 - 6 ft)|
|Objective viewing angle||8.8º - 1.2º|
|Diopter range||+ 2.0 | - 3.5 dpt|
|Eye relief||92 mm (3.6")|
|Elevation turret||Exterior w/ BDC and ballistic rings|
|Parallax setting||50 m - ∞ (54 yds - ∞)|
|Vertical adjustment range at 100 m||210 cm|
|Lateral adjustment range at 100 m||135 cm|
|Adjustment per click at 100 m||1 cm (.33 MOA)|
|Main tube diameter||30 mm|
|Eyepiece tube diameter||46 mm|
|Lens tube diameter||62 mm|
|Reticle position||Second focal plane|
|LoutTec Nitrogen filled||+ | +|
|Water resistance||400 mbar|
|Operating temperature||- 25ºC | + 50ºC (- 13ºF | + 122ºF)|
|Length||350 mm (13.8")|
|Weight (without inner rail)||795 g (28.0 oz)|
|Weight (with inner rail)||830 g (29.3 oz)|