The CORE Survival® HEL-STAR Lead Jumper Light® was designed to mark the lead jumper during parachute operations. Equipped with Ultrabright IRs that emit in a distinctly unique flash pattern of Morse Code “D”, HEL-STAR Lead Jumper Light® unmistakably marks the designated leader.
HEL-STAR Lead Jumper Light® provides four functions in two selectable operating modes in visible and IR. This new device offers the HAHO/HALO community new flexibility on marking personnel. The tan & black body helps distinguish it from other HEL-STARs.
- Easy to operate in freefall - switches are designed for positive operation by a gloved hand, in the blind, with the helmet donned.
- Ultrahigh intensity - Ultrabright IRs emit a unique flash pattern distinctly marking the lead jumper in a stack. High-intensity Green solid and ultra-high intensity White flash clearly identifies the lead jumper during training events.
- Operating extremes - HEL-STAR Lead Jumper Light® is shock and vibration resistant, dustproof and open sea waterproof to 130 fsw (laboratory 300+ feet).
***This product is export controlled and cannot be purchased by non-U.S. persons, sold, or exported outside of the USA. Export of this product is regulated by the U.S. Department of State in accordance with the guidance of "International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR)" per Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 120-130.***
HEL-STAR Lead Jumper® Light Advantages:
- Safety - The unique battery access design provides a curved profile on all sides, minimizing snag hazard. Velcro® attachment provides emergency peel-away from helmet to reduce potential for snag-related injury.
- Versatility - Up to four user-defined functions are available in a range of visible colors and IR signals, either flashing, coded or steady.
- Visibility - Omni-directional. Intensities can be scaled up or down for special requirements. Exceeds FAA 3-statute mile requirements.
- Simple, Secure Operation - Switches are designed for positive operation by a gloved-hand, in the blind, with the helmet donned. Mode selection switch design options provide operational flexibility or strong security between overt and covert operating modes.
- Operating Extremes - Shock and vibration resistant, dustproof and open sea waterproof to 130 fsw (laboratory 300+ feet).
- Status Confirmation - Switch design provides visual and tactile confirmation of ON/OFF and operating status with no guesswork; visual confirmation prevents inadvertent battery discharge in the IR operating mode.
- Easy Battery Replacement - The single CR123 cell can be replaced in the field, quickly, without special tools.
- Mode A Functions:
- A1 - Green (Steady)
- A2 - Green (Steady) + White (Flash Morse Code "D" Bright Max)
- Mode B Functions:
- B1 - 890nm IR (Flash/Dim)
- B2 - 890nm IR (Steady) + 890nm IR (Flash Morse Code "D" Bright Max)